Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Audio Drama Talk > General
General The general spot to meet and greet.

What to do once you're done?
Old 04-03-2011   #1
spaulds
Audio Capo

spaulds has a spectacular aura aboutspaulds has a spectacular aura about
Default What to do once you're done?

hello everyone, I was just wondering what everyone does with their audio dramas once you are done with them? how have you set up your personal website so that you can have people download your dramas? i just started working on mine but i'm trying to figure out what the next step is after that.
thanks for the help!
Scott

Old 04-03-2011   #2
JulieH
1-Woman Butt-Kicking Army

JulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud ofJulieH has much to be proud of

Welcome to the wide and wonderful world of audio drama podcasting! Always nice to "see" new faces!

There are a number of different hosting programs out there, some free, some cheap, and some ... not.

I would suggest, if you are planning to put out shows very regularly, with a lot of ongoing content, and want it all to be available - get in with a reliable service right from the start, something that makes it simple for you to maintain and update. That way, down the line, you're not backtracking and moving stuff from one site to another.

If, however, you're more realistic, starting out, and want to avoid overcommitting (highly suggested), you're probably better off getting into a fee site, and just making sure your show is available. There are a number of folks here who can make suggestions (we all have our favorites), and who might even be able to host "a show" for you, until you decide if you plan to do more.

My feed is through libsyn, and they've generally been good and reliable. Their cheapest rate is $5 a month (plus a one-time $5 extra if you want a personalized "name" for your feed). That's bare bones, no frills, but (since it allows you to upload up to 50MB of material per month) is still probably more than you need, unless you plan to put out more than a single show.

A lot of folks here use wordpress, which is free for a simple blog page, but I believe there is a charge for storage space if you plan to upload files to be available.

There's my two cents.
......and Fatal Girl
.........and Tone Didactic
............and Bingo the Birthday Clown

website stuff
Old 04-03-2011   #3
spaulds
Audio Capo

spaulds has a spectacular aura aboutspaulds has a spectacular aura about
Default website stuff

thanks for the info! i don't know anything about building a website so I would definitely need something that would help me with that. I will check out those sites you suggested. thanks again!
Scott

Old 04-03-2011   #4
Icebox
Shameless Huckster

Icebox is on a distinguished road

I second the Libsyn vote. Fairly simple to learn, and the sites look nice, and most importantly, they are podcast feeds. And you could check on this, but I think libsyn even submits the feeds to several podcatcher programs, most importantly, iTunes (we still get half our downloads from iTunes).

Old 04-04-2011   #5
Jack J Ward

Jack J Ward is on a distinguished road

The Sonic Society is always open for new shows too.. So please feel free to contact me about getting it there!
I keep all our original ones over at Electric Vicuna too. No feed, but then, it's not been needed. Really depends how you want your work out there.

Congrats! Keep making audio drama! We'll keep listening!
J

Old 05-18-2011   #6
Audioepics
Audio Epicser

Audioepics will become famous soon enough

I use Wordpress, mostly because I wasn't really aware of any other options, but it was a good choice I think. It's very easy to get spotted by Google which could lure more listeners to your show. You do have to pay (20$ I think) for audio storage. It's one time and permanent, though.