Misfits Audio is looking to cast several roles for the eleventh episode of STRANGE STORIES, “This Guy Walks Into a Bar.” Voice descriptions and sample lines are listed below. The deadline for auditions is Monday, January 24. Please submit your auditions to jawunicorn at aol dot com, mikeandzachary at verizon dot net, and kdvoiceacting at yahoo dot com. Please note that this is a non-paying production, and union status does not matter. Many thanks for your interest.
MATTHEW WILSON: Late 30s. American. No discernable accent.
1. I’ve got nothing against your bar or your patrons. It’s simply that they. . . shouldn’t be here.
2. But I remember everything. I remember walking the ruined streets. I remember the people lying dead.
SEAN FITZGERALD: Mid-50s. Friendly. A bit of a brogue.
1. Everyone here calls me Sean. Why don’t you come over to the bar for that drink?
2. It’s not my place to think that, my boy. Remember “judge not lest you be judged?” I make it a habit to offer no opinion until I’ve heard all the facts in a case. So continue.
MEBLA: An alien with a deep, threatening voice. [This role is open to male or female voice artists. The mixer will be technically affecting the voice of the character.]
1. The fate of the inhabitants of your world is now certain. Your servitude will not be unpleasant. We are powerful, but we can also be benevolent.
2. We took away, and we gave back. Such things are in our power.
MR. MARKS: Matthew’s boss. Late 50s. Raspy voice. A bit of a blowhard.
1. We were getting worried about you, Wilson.
2. Good, good. You know that we’re counting on your savvy to take this account from Muir and Malloy.
OFFICER KEVIN MACGILLICUDY: Late 40s. Noticeable brogue.
1. Is there a problem here, Sean?
2. I’m Officer MacGillicudy. I’m going to ask you nicely to lower your voice and calm down.
RECORDING AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Record in format: 44100hz, 128-bit Stereo MP3.
- Save the lines as "SS11_charactername_yourname_audition.mp3"
If you are chosen, we will be asking you to do your lines THREE TIMES EACH, each
time a little differently, so the mixer can pick the best take.
Deadline for auditions is January 24.
Please send to email@example.com
, and firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you.