Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Decoder Ring Theatre > Decoder Ring
Decoder Ring Grab a seat, and Join the kids around the radio from some Classic adventure!
Subscribe:

Donation (?)
Old 12-31-2011   #1
Thomas Rippert
German Listener

Thomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the rough
Default Donation (?)

Hi,

i just donated 5 Dollar via the PayPal-Account of my wife (Kirsten Eva). I canīt do a monthly donation, sorry, PayPal wonīt let me.

I will donate 5 Dollar every month from now on. But, is there any chance to get a membership via those donations?

All the best from Germany - Thomas

Old 01-02-2012   #2
Thomas Rippert
German Listener

Thomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the roughThomas Rippert is a jewel in the rough

61 klicks and no answer...

Can someone delete this please?

Old 01-03-2012   #3
MadMike
Audio Newbie

MadMike is on a distinguished road

You donated 5 $ to whom exactly? You can hardly expect a reply for this post.
Company reputation
Internet reputation repair

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-03-2012   #4
hudson
Administrator

hudson has a spectacular aura abouthudson has a spectacular aura about

Luke, those 61 clicks could be guest taking a look or people that can't answer your question.

Let me know if you still want the thread deleted.

MadMike - A tad unfair that, since he posted in the Decoder Ring forum one can assume the donation was to them. If they see it they may well respond.

Please remember that not everyone checks the board everyday and even then they could miss a post.

Old 01-03-2012   #5
Gregg
Audiofile

Gregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant futureGregg has a brilliant future

Sorry Luke. Two kids, Full-time job, 24 episodes a year... sometimes some stuff gets away from me... but I always regret it when it does, and this is no exception.

I get requests like this every so often, as well as other variations on our existing monthly donor set-up using different payment methods, or a single annual payment, or... well, lots of things. Truth is, I just can't make any of them work. Individually, each of them seems very simple, and if there were any kind of staff to keep track of these things, maybe they would be... but it's really just me. All I have to tell me who should be added to the permissions list for the members page is the notification from Paypal that we have a new member, and the only thing that tells me to take somebody off is the notifcation that their suport has been cancelled. It's the most basic system possible and to be perfectly honest, I even have trouble keeping up with that. It's not like it's a huge list or anything... but if I added you to the permissions list and three months from now you stopped making individual donations for whatever reason, I would really have no way of keeping track of that... unless we were suddenly so much more successful that we had an administative staff, or I stopped doing some of the stuff that makes people want to support us in the first place.... And since the Members Page is the "thank you" for people to join the monthly program that makes it possible for us to continue, I feel obliged to restrict it's use to those currently enrolled in the system... it just isn't fair to everyone else if I don't try and keep it up, and that means not introducing variables that I know I can't cope with.

I greatly appreciate the gesture of support, and appreciate more than I can say that you'd like to do more... but for better or for worse, the system that we have is all that we can cope with while I'm holding the place together with both hands.

I hope that you continue to enjoy the shows,

Gregg

Old 01-04-2012   #6
Thomas Rippert
German Listener

@ Gregg: Thank you for the answer! Very understandable! Could have thought of that myself, sorry. I see what i can do for a "yearly donation" next month and contact you again. Appreciate the time you took to answer.

Quote:
View Post
You donated 5 $ to whom exactly? You can hardly expect a reply for this post.
@ MadMike: Like Hudson said, this IS the DRT-Forum. If it was a donation to BrokenSea or Icebox or 19Nocturne, why post it here? It was logic to me to post it here...