Giant Gnome Productions is Proud to Present:
Casting Call: STAR TREK: DIMENSIONS
Notice: THIS IS FOR THE REST OF SEASON 1. There will be NO more casting calls for Season 1 after this.
A couple of pointers before everyone begins auditioning.
* We will only accept auditions in CD QUALITY WAV or 192 kbps MP3
* Please when auditioning, make sure there are no pops, hisses, scratches etc in your recording. ( You guys know that…….)
* The auditions end: Saturday, May 9th, 2009 for all roles.
* Do not fake an accent.
* We will accept re-auditions on a per person basis. Please put your best effort forward.
* The email that these auditions should be sent to is: startrek[at]giantgnome.com (
* PLEASE – Label the audition files like this: CHARACTERNAME_YOURNAME.MP3/WAV
* If you submit more than one audition, please send them in a zip file.
* So… let’s get to it! Thank you and good luck!
For Episode 1 please visit: http://giantgnome.com
Keeping to our tradition of no “throw away” characters, each of these is recurring in some fashion for the rest of season 1.
EMH - Male or Female - Edgy. The influence of Voyager's EMH is very evident. Not a copy... this is a different model of EMH. Approximate Age: 30
- Line One: "Why does it seem to be a requirement that I take on the apperance of a Human? Doesn't that seem slightly xenophobic to anyone else? Trust me, you'd all appreciate my bedside manner that much more if I were a Klingon."
- Line Two: "Seriously, you can't expect me to treat...that. If were blood and bone instead of photons and force-fields, I wouldn't go anywhere near it."
- Line Three: "EMH this and EMH that. Why doesn't anyone say please and thank you anymore? Just once I'd like to be activated with a polite, 'Hello, how are you today? I'm fine, fine, thank you, you? Fine, just fine. Oh, it appears that your leg is broken, would you like me to take care of that for you? Why yes, yes I would, in fact, thank you.'"
Lieutenant Trinn (Vulcan) - Male or Female - A vulcan with a penchant for humor in awkward situations. Approximate age: 20-60
- Line One: "I do not have an answer for you, sir."
- Line Two: "Not entirely, sir. I have yet to complete the Kolinahr. Given our current situation, it seems unlikely that I will be able to complete it until we return."
- Line Three: "True wisdom relies on patience, intellect and logic. You seem to posses none of those qualities."
Ensign Bello Porfy (Bajoran) - Male or Female - Quiet, unsure, crisis of faith but strong-willed and competent. Age: 40
- Line One: "I-I don't know, sir. Prophets protect us."
- Line Two: "No wormhole? (quieter) The Temple doesn't exist here..."
- Line Three: "What else could possibly go wrong today? We're stuck with no way home, no Temple and no Prophets to pray to. I'd like to think that they know we're here... I want to believe that. I'm just... not sure."
Centurion Hallus (Romulan) - Male - Confident, strong, wise beyond his years. Age: 45
- Line One: "In this Universe, ALL Romulans are equal, Captain. That is much more than can be said for the Cardassians, Klingons, Bajorans, or even - Humans."
- Line Two: "Who do you presume to be, Captain? Your kind cavorted around the Universe long enough, waging war under the pretense of peace! Now is the time to repay your sins."
- Line Three: "You may smile easily to them, Commander, but you know as well as I do that they are not to be trusted."
Sublieutenant Tarrick (Romulan) - Male or Female - Fiery, emotional, fun. Age: 20-30
- Line One: "You may pretend to be virtuous where you come from, but one glance through the mirror shows a different picture - one of a vile, frightened animal lashing out at whatever is in reach."
- Line Two: "I hold no place in my heart for remorse for you."
- Line Three: "Fate? You speak of fate as if it is a benevolent deity - it is not. Life is cruel and harsh and you must claw for every opportunity."
Uhlan Genin (Reman) - Male or Female - Imposing, young, headstrong, deeply caring for his fellow Romulans/Remans (this has to be a gruff voice.) Age: Unknown, any voicing is fine. S/he’s a Reman.
- Line One: "Brother, he poses no threat. Leave him be."
- Line Two: "A lifetime spent in the darkness instills a certain dislike for the light. You must be virtuous - I do not like you."
- Line Three: "Warriors? Are we not more than that? Do we not sculpt and paint and write and love? I would not care to see your universe."
Inquisitor Kendra Allious (Betazoid) - Female - Wise, fun, classy, incredibly intelligent. Will be funny. Incredibly curious. Age: 30
- Line One: "My, Captain - you ARE as forward as my predecessor claimed you were."
- Line Two: "The ability to see inside the minds of men is not nearly as fun as a woman might hope - in fact, mens minds tend to be rather sparsely decorated."
- Line Three: "I can tell you are lying about something. I can't tell about what. I suppose time will tell if it is a large one or a small one. In either case, I will find out. A day may soon come when you find yourself out of my good graces - graces which are tied directly to the Emperor's. But for now, I like you."
Inquisitor Solin (Betazoid) - Male - Jealous, venomous, spiteful. Age: 30
- Line One: "Her mind is as empty as her figure is full."
- Line Two: "I wont tollerate disobedience! You will submit to me!"
- Line Three: "Ungrateful! The recesses of your mind are not nearly as dark as you would hope, Kendra. Your brightened blood will not always protect you from the Grand Inquisitors. Only I can do that."
Gurnok (Klingon) - Male or Female - Warm-hearted Klingon warrior. Emperor of the Klingon empire, but as much as one of the people than a leader. Age: 50+
- Line One: "Betazed is a wasteland. The remaining lines of the pure-blooded are all but extinguished. The Inquisition has done a remarkable job destroying their own culture, the Emperor's barbed sword let loose upon its own people. They have no honor, only a thirst for blood which can never be satisfied."
- Line Two: "Yes, he always was too headstrong to give much forethought to communication."
- Line Three: "Treachery has no place here. That sort of thing belongs in the Emperor's presence, not mine."
Quentin - Male - Make this character your own. Start with: tortured, genuine and likeable. Age: 20
- Line One: "You... disapprove. Of me. Of... my people?"
- Line Two: "We never thought about it. It just happened - some of us could live with it. Others... couldn't."
- Line Three: "You have no idea what it's like. To have such power and responsibility and have it be so tainted."
Lauren - Female - Headstrong, genuine, brooding. Age: 20
- Line One: "I don't care what they think. We're good people."
- Line Two: "Survival is a right earned by those who fight for it."
- Line Three: "We don't say that word here! We are nothing like them! We are superior, w-we don't do what they do."
Madison - Female - Very do-it-yourself type person. Family is everything to her. Age: 20
- Line One: "I can't believe I'm asking you this but... I need your help."
- Line Two: "We haven't seen them in three days. I know you're not in the business of search and rescue, but..."
- Line Three: "Wow, life must really be hard for you, huh?" (Sarcastic)
Wilson - Male - Also very do-it-yourself person. Family is important, protector of his family. Age: 60+ (Do not fake your voice to sound older).
- Line One: "I'm not much for asking for favors."
- Line Two: "She's my daughter. If she asked me to pluck the moons from the sky, I'd do it in a heartbeat."
- Line Three: "Go ahead, Madison... I-I'll understand. Don't be afraid."
Malus - Male or Female (pref Female) - Very, very reserved. Age: 40
- Line One: "I do not see the point. You are wasting time."
- Line Two: "Surrender now."
- Line Three: "I speak for them. I speak for all."
That’s it! Please send all auditions to startrek[at]giantgnome.com by SATURDAY MAY 9th, 2009! Thanks folks!