Welcome to the Audio Drama Talk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will be able to interact with the producers of the best audio dramas on the internet. This community is a way for the listeners to provide feedback, find new shows, encourage future ideas, create your own, or just talk to other people who enjoy audio drama as much as yourself! To register sign up with a user name then Email me your username so I can get you approved And it's absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact me. ~ Marrcus "Crash" Beattie

Go Back   Audio Drama Talk > Audio Drama Talk > Nanowrimo
Nanowrimo Section for those folks participating in Nanowrimo. For support, advice and encouragement.

Book Query.
Old 09-12-2008   #1
Janice
Audiofile

Janice is on a distinguished road
Default Book Query.

Has anyone used the No Plot? No Problem! book the NaNoWriMo people put out?

-Janice

Old 09-12-2008   #2
Jerm
Disgruntled Since 1984

Jerm is on a distinguished road

I have. And while I will not stand up and tell you that it is absolutely essential reading or your key to success (even though, I think I did in another post, shame on me), I will and should have said that it's a good bit of help.

Old 09-12-2008   #3
laura
Audiofile

laura is on a distinguished road

Does it help with the whole planning stage or is it mostly about how to survive the actual writing?

Old 09-12-2008   #4
Jerm
Disgruntled Since 1984

It's difficult for me to answer that as I lent my copy out and it has yet to return.
And that was two years ago.

But, going from memory, I believe it covers both. If I had to pick one, it's probably lighter on the planning and heavier on survival.

Old 09-13-2008   #5
Derek
Audiofile

Derek is on a distinguished road

Jerm's recollection is correct. I read the book, long before I ever thought I was going to do NaNoWriMo, just because I thought it would have some useful advice on how to stay motivated throughout a long writing project. And it is definitely very good at that, very practical and down to earth.

Having never done NaNoWriMo I can't really speak with authority, but my assumption is that the book isn't essential, but if you are are concerned about what you're in for and wish you had some strategies for getting through it, picking up the book is probably a good idea.

Old 09-15-2008   #6
Jerm
Disgruntled Since 1984

Quote:
View Post
Jerm's recollection is correct. I read the book, long before I ever thought I was going to do NaNoWriMo, just because I thought it would have some useful advice on how to stay motivated throughout a long writing project. And it is definitely very good at that, very practical and down to earth.

Having never done NaNoWriMo I can't really speak with authority, but my assumption is that the book isn't essential, but if you are are concerned about what you're in for and wish you had some strategies for getting through it, picking up the book is probably a good idea.
Wouldn't you know it, getting that book actually inspired me to do Nano. As it happens, I started writing something the night before. I found the book on August 2nd, and being between College and Employment at the time, I thought What the hell? Why not? And I spent the rest of August doing a practice run.

But about the book. No, you definitely do not need the book to participate. But in my humble opinion, I think the book is certainly useful.